Email campaign results and testing will aid predictability in direct mail, helping you generate up to 10% response rates.
- Propositions can be tested
- Creative can be tested
- Personalisation can be tested
- Almost anything can be tested
- While a strong medium on its own, direct mail can be even more effective in tandem with email integration. Through a strategic partnership with Red Hot Penny, a leading eCommerce and retail solutions agency in three major cities, First Move can combine its direct mail expertise with Red Hot Penny’s digital marketing prowess.
- Using audience profiling pooled from your database and Red Hot Penny’s data insights, you can tweak your audience to suit your offer. Build ideal profiles and data sets based on this information and define objectives for each. Use demographics, sales history and purchased statistical information to bolster this.
- Use trends to inform your propositions. Red Hot Penny works with some of the world’s leading retailers and organisations and understands trends. Use this insight to build your proposition and tweak each to suit your audience profiles. Change copy, artwork and offer as required.
- Test your proposed offer by using email as a low-cost alternative to direct mail before you launch your campaign. Using Red Hot Penny’s technology and industry know-how, reports can gauge the recipient’s reaction to various parts of an offer, and identify to which components their attention is drawn first. Make these the hero of your campaign and build the rest around it.
- Multiple messages can go to the same audience over a sustained period to understand which resonates best. Alternatively, a segmented database can receive different messages simultaneously in the vein of A/B testing and split testing. Using email, Red Hot Penny can assess the viability of different customer profiles to respond to offers, and understand which products they will purchase and at what quantities. Feed this data back into your own database to further understand your clientele and continue accumulating information you can use in future mailers.
- Analyse your email campaign before you deploy your print campaign. With the assumption that a high response for an email campaign is 0.12% and direct mail 3-4%, a 0.24% response on your email testing will indicate a 6-8% direct mail response. Extrapolate these figures and you will know how your print mailer will perform. Take the figures and predict your sales volume accordingly; set targets, order stock and staff it correctly.
Use email testing to predict your direct mail response, but go beyond the response rate to predict sales volume. As a business you will find it a much more useful method, and you can make informed decisions about inventory and fulfilling orders. With rigorous testing First Move in partnership with Red Hot Penny can come to a predictive theory with detailed reports to match.
You might also be interested in the following articles: